2014. október 9., csütörtök

More screenplays /Még több forgatókönyv







The Bunny was my first thriller story. I was resting after lunch on the couch, searching after some urban legends. The Bunny man legend just popped on the screen. It shook me up! I started looking for different sources of urban legends about the Bunny costume killer. Finally, I mixed up all the stories I found about him, together and that's how The Bunny was born. I was really - still - proud of it, so I nominated the screenplay to a competition, where I got till the final rounds. It felt wonderful!

The second screenplay, sorry the third one in the queue is the Ruby Darkness. It's unnecessary to deny it, I like vampire stories. Not those gooey Stephanie Meyer ones,  those really cool, old school ones. Those creepy, gothic and scary Dracula movies what scares you out of your pants. I remember the first time I watched Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula, the blood froze in my veins. 
A few years back in time about 2011, I went for an event. It was an open public discussion with the Dracula's screenplay writer, James V. Hart. He was hilarious and funny. Told loads of amazing "backstage" curiosities: about his long way journey to Coppola's office, how was the shooting with Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman and all about those fun what they've been through during and after the shooting. And yes, that was the moment when I decided to write. Screenplay is the best way of storytelling. 
I always have a very colourful imagination, feel the passion for creation but I never found myself confident enough to become a director. But I also knew I have to express those powerful images somehow. 
But, back to the Ruby Darkness. I had this idea, vampires, okay. And what? So I started to think what would be an ideal story what I could create around this word. I got it! A female killed by her ex-boyfriend. Gets another chance for a living. Powerful and restless. Her goals quite simple: revenge and protection. I was searching for ancient vampire names, I wanted to find the most ideal ones for my leading characters. That's how I found: Eve (Eva, the meaning of life), Alessandro (the protector of mankind) and the evil Tania (Thana, which means only one thing: death). Love, Revenge, Chance for a different sort of life!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése